Of the various hair styling products, hairdryers for sure take the cake. These appliances dry wet hair and also help in styling the hair in different ways. Hairdryers are essential items, especially for women who have long hair and need to dry it out quickly. This electronic device blows hot hair that on falling on the hair works to evaporate the water and leaves the hair dry and looking stylish. However, hairdryers, because of their motors and fans, also make a lot of noise, disturbing those around.
With technology advances, a solution to this problem is now available, and we now have quiet hair dryers. These hair dryers do not make any noise, or the noise they emit is so low that it does not disturb anyone around. The quiet dryers have more blades in their fans that cause the fan to rotate very fast, making the dryers inaudible. Here, we will bring you a review of the best quietest hairdryers available in the marketplace.
First, let’s know some of the essential features to look into when buying a quiet hairdryer.
Essential Features of Quiet Hair Dryers
The following are some of the features to look in for a quiet hair dryer before investing in one.
- Heating Type- Quiet hair dryers make use of different types of heating technologies. A dryer that makes use of a nichrome coil that resists electric flow to get hot is beneficial. Further, this nichrome wire often has a ceramic coating. This ceramic coating helps to spread out heat evenly. Tourmaline also finds use in quiet hair dryers as it ionizes the water molecules to break them down faster and dry hair in a quicker manner.
- Dual Air Flow- This dual airflow technology helps keep the noise level to a minimum in the quiet hair dryers. Therefore, it is necessary to check that dryers have this feature so that the operational noise level is very low when the dryer is in use.
- Wattage- Quiet hair dryers must have a wattage setting of around 1400 to 1600 watts. At this wattage level, the fans do not have to rotate at a high number of rotations per minute to blow out air at high temperatures. The lower number of rotations per minute, therefore, helps to make less noise.
- Length of Barrel- For quiet hairdryers, the length of the barrel must be small. This is because the fan to dry will not need to move with a lot of force when it comes to short barrel length. In a quiet hairdryer, the noise level is low because the fan rotates with low force.
Benefits of Quiet Hair Dryers
The benefits of the quietest hair dryers include:
- These emit very low noise and operate at low decibels levels.
- The quiet hair dryers use less wattage, thereby helping in saving electricity.
- A number of quiet hair dryers make use of negative ion technology. This is a technology in which the hair on drying gives a smooth and silky finish and look.
- These dryers come with two speed modes- low and high. This means the speed level is controllable, and the dryers are used as per the users’ needs. This also helps in making different hairstyles.
- These dryers usually come with long chords and help prevent any minor accidents that may otherwise occur because of short length cords.
A Round-Up of the Best Quietest Hair Dryers Reviews
1. MHU Professional Salon Grade 1875w - Low Noise Ionic Hair Dryer Comes with Diffuser
This is the best quiet hair dryer that one can make use of. The dryer runs with the help of 1875 Watt motor. This motor rotates at high speed and helps to dry the hair in no time. MHU dryer also comes with infrared heat and negative ionic technology.
The negative ionic technology works to remove frizz from the hair and does not damage the hair in any manner. Also, it comes with an airflow concentrator and diffuser that help to style the hair in different ways.
The dryer can run at two different speeds and has three heat settings that make it easy to use.
Where to Buy MHU Professional Salon Grade 1875w
2. Centrix Q Zone Hair Dryer - Dryer Greatly Reduces Noise Pollution
This is the best quiet hair dryer available in the marketplace that is affordable and also works in a very effective manner. The dryer runs on 1500 watts; that is the major reason why the dryer does not make any noise when in use.
Unique fan engineering and concentrator and motor help deliver a powerful stream to the hair, thereby helping it to dry in a very quick manner. This technology helps to style the hair easily. The dryer also uses ceramic technology to keep the hair smooth and gives it a salon-like look.
The dryer’s design has two cool shot buttons, two fan speed settings, and power buttons that make it easy to use the dryer. Also, it is very easy to clean the dryer as the vent and filter are easily accessible.
Where to Buy Centrix Q Zone Hair Dryer
3. Kipozi Professional Nano Ionic Lightweight Blow Dyer - 1875w Hair Dryer
This dryer operates at 1875 watts and is light-weight, making it very easy to handle. This also comes with two speed and three heat settings making it perfectly usable to styling the hair in any way one wants.
The dryer also has advanced nano-ionic technology that helps the dryer emit a strong airflow that helps to dry the hair in a very easy manner. The concentrator in the dryer also helps to manage the hair efficiently and is ideal for straight hair. The dryer also comes with a diffuser that helps to define the curls and waves in the hair.
It is very easy to hold the dryer with a precise grip with an ergonomically designed handle.
Where to Buy Kipozi Professional Nano Ionic Lightweight Blow Dyer
4. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Review - Lightweight and Quiet Hair Dryer
With an appealing design and effectiveness, this hair dryer by far stands apart from all others. This hair dryer comes with an impeller in the handle, making it very light and very easy to handle. The heat protection technology in the dryer helps control the temperature and heat, thereby preventing over-heating and protecting hair from damage.
The dryer is almost noiseless as it uses a rubber mount that reduces the friction between the handle and the motor. This, in turn, reduces the noise produced by the dryer.
It also uses a magnet to attach the different extensions like the smoothing nozzle that helps to distribute the heat or the concentrator that helps to style the hair. Also, the dryer comes with four heat settings and three airflow settings, making it by far the most convenient dryer to make use of.
Where to Buy Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Review
5. Jinri Paris Professional Hair Dryer - Tourmaline Technology, Light Weight Low Noise Blow Dryer
The dryer runs on the motor power of 1875 Watts and does not produce any noise. This is a dryer that can be suitable for all types of hair textures. This is mainly because of the tourmaline technology that helps to keep moisture locked in the hair. This technology also helps to shield the hair from any damage.
The dryer is made from high-quality material, making it very durable. Also, three heat and two-speed settings help to eliminate frizz and style the hair.
Further, negative ion technology helps to keep the hair smooth and tangle-free. The diffuser also ensures that the right amount of air and heat comes out of the dryer at any given time.
Where to Buy Jinri Paris Professional Hair Dryer
6. Bio Ionic Whisper Light Pro Hair Dryer - Best Quiet Hair Dryer
Bio Ionic dryer makes use of dual air-flow to dry the hair in a very quick manner. The dryer also comes with removable filters that are very easy to clean and make the dryer a very durable and reliable one.
The dryer also conditions the hair. The dryer also makes hybrid volcanic minerals that hydrate damaged hair and make the hair look shiny and smooth. The infrared heat that the dryer generates also helps hair to lock in the natural moisture, thereby giving the hair a noticeable shine and brilliance.
Where to Buy Bio Ionic Whisper Light Pro Hair Dryer
7. Panasonic Low Noise Ionity Hair Dryer - Easy to Use, Very Silent and Lightweight
It is one of the quietest hair dryers that records only 49 decibels and works on 1200 watts. The dryer works on dual airflow that enables the hair to dry very quickly. The dryer also has a top-notch fan and a fixed space between the motor and the body of the dryer. This helps to bring down the noise from the dryer to a significant level.
The dryer also has a small barrel inside that allows hair to dry rapidly.
Where to Buy Panasonic Low Noise Ionity Hair Dryer
8. Andis Micro Turbo 1600 watt Hair Dryer - Dual Voltage Quiet Hair Dryer
This hair dryer comes in small size and is easily portable. The dryer with its dual voltage technology is compatible with different plug and adapter types. Working on the 1600 watt motor, the dryer helps to dry the hair quickly.
Shock protection technology helps to prevent users from electric shocks. Besides, the dryer also has an LED illuminating light. The dryer also features two-speed settings and a cool shot button and helps make different hairstyles quickly and easily.
Where to Buy Andis Micro Turbo 1600 watt Hair Dryer
9. Confu Professional Ionic Hair Dryer - with Diffuser & 2 Concentrator Nozzles
This is a professional hairdryer also usable at home and helps to get salon-style hair easily at home. It works on 1875 watts and helps dry hair quickly and boasts of drying hair in a maximum of 6 minutes.
The dryer also features ceramic tourmaline technology and negative ionic technology that prevents the hair from damage. The nylon shell also helps to ensure the safety of the users. The dryer also comes with a diffuser and concentrator, thereby allowing for making different hairstyles in no time.
Where to Buy Confu Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
10. Revlon RVDR5045 Quiet Pro Ionic Dryer - Lightweight quiet hair dryer
This is an all feature standard hair dryer that is affordable and available for all hair types. The dryer operates at 1875 watts and has three heat and two-speed settings. Also, it comes with a cool shot button that helps to style hair with ease.
The dryer has a centrifugal fan design and curved blades that ease the noise. The dryer is 20% silent than regular dryers. The dryer also helps to control 30% frizz and leaves the hair with a shine and glow.
The concentrator also helps to style hair accurately. Further, the dryer comes with a long cord that makes it easy to handle.
Where to Buy Revlon RVDR5045 Quiet Pro Ionic Dryer
Conclusion of Our Research on Quietest Hair Dryer
Our Choice: We recommend Bio Ionic Whisper Light Pro Dryer. The dryer comes with removable filters and is easy to clean and maintain. The dryer also features several technologies that make it very safe for use and keep the hair nourished and moisturized.
A concentrator and diffuser also help to style the hair perfectly and make the dryer a perfectly usable one for all hair textures. Because of its technology, the dryer also produces infrared heat that helps dry the hair very quickly.
The dryer comes with a long cord and makes effective use of electricity because of the strong motor. The dryer, with its ease and effectiveness and advantages, overshadows the cost.