Maintaining beautiful and healthy hair is not an easy task and stylizing hair for different occasions or to match with the outfit is an even more challenging job. Women often use different types of products that help them maintain their hair and style them in different ways. While going to a salon is a great option, many women want to stylize their hair at home, and the hair styling products come in handy for such women.
Straightens, dryers, and irons are the most common products that women use to try different styles with their hair. Irons typically help to straighten or curl the hair speedily and effectively. These devices are suitable for all hair types, including African American hair that has a unique appearance, is fragile, and prone to damage. Therefore, specific tools and products are suitable for such hair so that the hair does not lose its natural look. Here, we will tell you about the best flat iron for African American hair to help you find the best one that does not damage the hair or minimize damage.
Tips for Taking Care of African American Hair
Before we help you find the best flat iron for natural African American hair, here are a few tips that help to take care of such hair and healthily maintain them.
- If you have African American hair, wash your hair once a week. This helps prevent the build-up of hair care products in the hair that may otherwise make the hair drier and prone to breakage and damage.
- Using a conditioner after every wash is a great way to ensure African American hair’s health maintenance. The application of the conditioner at the roots of the hair prevents the hair from breaking.
- A hot oil massage adds moisture and elasticity to the hair, thereby maintaining healthy hair.
- When styling African American hair, it is essential to use heat protecting products to minimize the damage from heat.
- When styling hair in braids or weaves, ensure that these are not very tight as tight hairstyling can damage the hair.
- People with African American hair must make use of ceramic combs or irons to press their hair.
Types of Irons Suitable for African American Hair
Hair irons are of various types and help to achieve different hairstyles. The irons usable on hair are curling irons, flat irons, and crimping irons. Of these, flat irons best sit African American hair as this hair has a rough texture and may or may not be curly. So, to make the hair look silky, smooth and shiny, African American women use flat irons. The types of flat irons that are available in the marketplace include:
- Titanium flat irons: These use titanium, which is best suitable for women with thick and coarse hair. These irons can transfer heat quickly and help to stylize hair in very little time. These irons also allow doing away with frizz in the hair. The heat settings of these irons are adjustable.
- Tourmaline flat irons: Tourmaline flat iron best suits hair that is frizzy, unhealthy, and damaged. These irons distribute heat evenly, and because they have a smooth surface, they do not damage the hair in any manner. The best advantage of these irons is that they lock in the hair’s moisture and leave the hair shinier and healthier.
- Ceramic flat irons: Ceramic flat irons are available at affordable prices and distribute heat evenly to the hair, minimizing damage because of heat. These irons have smooth surfaces and so are highly suitable for fine and thin hair. These irons come with temperature control and take time to heat up.
Women with African American hair can make use of any of the flat irons. However, there is one thing that needs to be made sure of, and that is that the flat iron must have temperature control or heat settings. This is because some sections of African American hair may be thin and so may require less heat. So if the flat iron does not temperature or heat control settings, it is impossible to manage and stylize the hair in the right manner.
Round-Up of the Best Flat Iron For African American Hair Reviews
We now give you the best flat irons that are suitable for use on African American hair. The flat iron review will help you find the best one for your hair.
The HSI professional flat iron is suitable for all hair types. This iron can easily de-tangle coarse and thick hair, thereby giving the hair a smooth and salon looking finish. The iron makes use of different technologies that help to keep the hair free from damage.
HIS professional glider has two pairs of ceramic-tourmaline plates that smoothen and straighten the hair without damaging the hair in any manner. The iron is easy to operate and comes with temperature and heat control settings.
Besides, the iron also uses negative ion technology that ionizes the hair and straightens and stylizes every strand of the hair in a very effective manner. This also helps to manage the frizz in the hair and eliminate it.
Where to Buy HSI Flat Iron
2. Babylisspro Nano Titanium - Ultra Thin Flat Iron Straightener
BaByliss is a name that is synonymous with the best hair styling products. This flat iron also takes a cakewalk over all others because of its features and ease of operation.
The Pro Nano Ultra-flat iron is compact in size and design and is a durable tool suitable for all hair types. The flat iron comes with ceramic plates with a thin layer of titanium plating that offers even heating to the hair. Also, the heat quickly passes through the hair strands, making it easy to stylize the hair. The iron also features negative ion technology that helps to hold the hairstyle for long and give it a shiny and smooth look.
The iron plates are very smooth, and the edges do not harm the hair in any manner. Ryton plastics give this iron its reliability and durability, making it suitable for use even in rough conditions. The flat iron also comes with heat control settings making it possible to provide the required heat to sections of hair.
Where to Buy Babylisspro Nano Titanium
3. Paul Mitchell Flat Iron - Express Ion Smooth+ Hair Straightener
Where to Buy Paul Mitchell Flat Iron
4. Kipozi Hair Straightener - Professional Flat Iron Hair Straightener
Where to Buy Kipozi Hair Straightener
5. Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron - With Ceramic + Titanium Technology
Where to Buy Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron
6. ghd Platinum+ Professional Hair Straightener - World’s First Small Flat Iron
This flat iron works as a very useful straightener and offers shiny, silky, and smooth hair at all times. The flat iron is the world’s smallest flat iron making it easily portable to fit even in the handbag.
The iron features a sensor that monitors the temperature and controls the amount of heat that the hair gets. The iron also removes frizz from the hair and reduces the breakage of hair by almost 70%.
This brand also uses Ultra-Zone technology to spread the heat across the hair evenly, and the hair gets the same style from all sides. Besides, this helps to give the hair a beautiful and smooth finish rather than a lackluster finish.
Featuring technologies like negative ion, precision- milled plates, and ceramic plates, the iron is suitable for all hair types.
Where to Buy ghd Platinum+ Professional Hair Straightener
7. Conair Infiniti Pro Flat Iron - Tourmaline Ceramic Purple Flat Iron
This flat iron is affordable, durable, and perhaps a highly effective one on African American hair. It is one of the best tourmaline flat irons available in the marketplace and a very efficient one at straightening rough and tangled hair.
The ceramic tourmaline plates spread heat evenly across the hair, making the hair look smooth, beautiful, and shiny. Also, iron can help one experiment with different hairstyles in an easy manner. It also features a heat recovery function that ensures that heat is spread uniformly and does not damage the hair in any manner.
The flat iron heats up quickly and also is easy to operate and maintain. It also comes with adjustable heat settings to protect the hair from overheating and damage.
Where to Buy Conair Infiniti Pro Flat Iron
8. Furiden Professional Hair Straightener - Titanium Flat Iron For Hair Professionals
This sleek and stylish product is everything hair professionals look for in flat iron. The technology that the flat iron features are titanium that heats quickly and spreads heat uniformly across the hair. Titanium plates also allow heat to penetrate deep into the hair, thereby styling the hair from inside and outside. The plates are very hard, so the iron is very durable and does not corrode or erode quickly.
The iron also helps curl the hair and even removes frizz from the hair giving the hair a smooth texture.