Every woman yearns for spotless, glowing, and beautiful skin. However, not every woman can get flawless skin mainly because of several skin problems they face. Some women have pigmented skin, some have acne, and some have dark spots, while some women may have some skin diseases. The best way to cover up the skin’s flaws is to use makeup products for such women.
A wide range of cosmetic products is available in the market for women. These products are suitable for use on different parts of the face. Face makeup products include the widest possible range of makeup products. Of these, the foundation is the most popular product most women use to enhance their looks.
Foundation is a makeup product available as a liquid or crème product used on the face to cover all the skin flaws.
The foundation’s application helps women create an even skin tone, get a uniform complexion, and sometimes even change the natural skin tone. While most foundations help cover all skin flaws, some specifically help cover dark spots. Here, we will help you find the best foundation to cover dark spots.
What are the dark spots?
Before getting to know about the best foundation to cover dark spots on the face, it is important to know what dark spots are. Dark spots on the skin are gray, brown, or black spots, especially on the exposed part of the skin that makes the skin area appear to look different from the rest of the skin. Dark spots occur because of varied reasons.
The main reason for the occurrence of dark spots is the fact that the skin produces more melanin than usual in some areas. The dark spots range from light brown to dark brown and are also different in size. In addition to the face, dark spots are also present on the back of the hands, shoulders, and back.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of dark spots?
The several different causes of dark spots are:
- Sun damage: Dark spots can develop because of prolonged exposure to sunlight. Exposure of the body’s areas like the face, arms, or hands to the sunlight leads to sunspots’ development.
- Hormonal changes: Most women tend to develop dark spots because of hormonal changes. Hormonal changes lead to condition melasma that, in turn, causes skin discoloration.
- Side effects of medicines: Many medicines that women consume for varied reasons cause dark spots to develop as a side effect.
- Inflammation: Skin problems like eczema, acne, psoriasis can also cause dark spots to develop on the skin.
How to prevent dark spots?
It is not always possible to prevent dark spots from occurring but avoiding certain things helps prevent their development. Some of these are:
- Use of a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF.
- Wearing a brimmed hat or sunglasses.
- Treating skin problems like acne that causes inflammation.
- Avoiding sunlight exposure between 10 am and 4 pm when the sun is the brightest.
Benefits of foundations for skin with dark spots
Any remedy for getting rid of dark spots works slowly. However, sometimes covering dark spots needs to be done instantaneously. This is where a foundation comes in handy. With foundation, big as well as small dark spots easily get covered. This gives a flawless and beautiful look to the skin.
There are many benefits of using the foundation on the skin with dark spots. These are:
- Acts as a protective barrier: The best foundation to cover dark spots on the face acts as a protective barrier for the skin. Foundation protects the skin from anti-aging pollutants, thereby preventing the skin from developing wrinkles or fine lines.
- Protect against sun damage: Using foundation protects the skin from sun damage. Exposure to sunlight can result in premature aging of the skin, but the foundation prevents any such occurrence. Specifically, foundations with sun-block abilities help to provide maximum protection to the skin.
- Enhance the skin tone: Foundations are available in every possible shade in the marketplace. Choosing and using a foundation that complements the skin tone helps in enhancing the beauty of the skin.
- Keep skin nourished: Foundations contain ingredients that keep the skin nourished and moisturized. The use of foundations keeps skin hydrated and prevents the development of wrinkles.
- Give a smooth look to the skin: Foundations effectively fill any irregularities on the skin. This, in turn, gives the skin a smooth polished look and makes it look youthful and attractive.
Types of a foundation for skin with dark spots
Women have a wide choice of foundations to choose from. The types of foundations that are available for use on skin with dark spots are:
- Tinted foundation: Tinted foundations work well when women want to add a touch of color like pink or apricot to the skin. Women with pale skin and dark spots can apply this foundation to give a natural look to the skin.
- Liquid foundation: The liquid foundation is the most popular type of foundation available commercially. These foundations are also available in several variants to suit all skin types like normal skin, sensitive skin, and oily skin. This type of foundation helps to effectively cover dark spots, blemishes, and scars and give the skin an even tone.
- Crème Foundation: This type of foundation is crème based and is very easy to apply. Women with dark spots can use this foundation to get even coverage on the face.
- Powder foundation: Powder foundation is very easy to apply and comes in a powder form. This type of foundation easily covers blemishes and dark spots.
- Light-diffusing foundation: This type of foundation is the best foundation to cover dark spots on the face. This foundation contains tiny light-diffusing particles that easily hide the pigmentation on the skin. The foundation helps to get a smooth and even skin tone.
- Light-reflecting foundation: This type of foundation reflects light off the face and gives the skin a glowing and attractive appearance. This happens to be the best foundation for covering dark spots and giving the face a glowing and youthful look.
How to choose the best foundation to cover dark spots?
Choosing the best foundation makeup to cover dark spots is not easy, and several things need consideration. Here’s a guide on how to choose the best foundation to cover dark spots on the face:
- Determine the undertone: Dark spots set aside; the skin also has a natural undertone. It is important to know the skin’s natural undertone before choosing a foundation to cover dark spots. If the skin has a warm undertone, it is best to choose a yellow undertone on a foundation. On the other hand, if the skin has a cool complexion, it is best to choose a pink undertone foundation.
- Find the perfect shade: It is important to choose the perfect shade of the foundation that complements the skin color. It is important to test the shade option before finally picking up one.
- Determine the coverage level: It is also necessary to know the level of coverage the skin requires when choosing the right foundation. A full-coverage foundation usually works the best for women with dark spots as it gives the skin an even tone. Also, a full-coverage foundation lasts long.
- Consider the skin type: It is also important to know the skin type- normal, oily, combination, or dry before choosing the best foundation to cover dark spots on the face. Matte finish foundations are best for skin with dark spots as it covers all the flaws, wrinkles, and blemishes.
1. Dermacol Make-up Cover Foundation - Best Hypoallergenic Foundation
This foundation is perfect for beginners and professionals to provide their face with an even tone. The formula for this foundation contains 50% pigments. This is the reason why this foundation can hide the scars, blemishes as well as dark spots.
A thin layer of this foundation is enough to provide complete coverage to the skin. This foundation is also water-proof. It also comes with an SPF of 30. Therefore, this makes the foundation a protective one and prevents the skin from damage from the harmful rays of the sun.
A great thing about this foundation is that it is easily usable on all skin types and tones and is available in almost all possible shades.
Where to Buy Dermacol Make-up Cover Foundation
2. Dermablend Cover Creme Foundation Review - Best Full Coverage Foundation
This foundation from Dermablend lasts for a long time. This foundation best suits normal and dry skin. The application of this foundation gives the skin a smooth finish and does not leave it flaky.
The foundation is free from artificial fragrances and does not clog the pores as well. For women who face acne problems and dark spots, this is the best foundation to cover dark spots.
Where to Buy Dermablend Cover Creme Foundation
3. Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Over 55 Shades - Lightweight Liquid Foundation
This foundation is best for all-day wear as it lasts a very long time. For women who want stay-in-place make-up, this foundation best serves the purpose.
The foundation is resistant to humidity, heat, and sweat and therefore is best for use in the summers though it women can use it in winters. The foundation offers a smooth and satin finish to the skin.
This foundation also does not contain any artificial fragrances and is oil-free. The foundation is suitable for sensitive skin as well.
Where to Buy Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Over 55 Shades
4. Elizabeth Arden Foundation - Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup
This foundation is a crème-based foundation that contains micronized diamond powder. The application of the foundation gives an attractive sheen to the face. The radiance of the foundation gives a fairer complexion to the face and makes the skin look younger.
With this foundation, the dark spots and wrinkles appear to be less noticeable. The foundation is available in 16 different shades. The foundation offers medium to full coverage and instantly improves the look of the skin.
Where to Buy Elizabeth Arden Foundation
5. Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation - Better Skin Foundation
This is the best drugstore foundation to cover dark spots. The foundation offers full coverage and lasts for up to 24 hours.
This is the most affordable foundation that is oil-free as well as light-weight. The foundation is also available in several different shaded, thereby catering to many women customers’ needs.
Maybelline Super Stay Full Coverage Foundation
6. Maybelline Dream Urban Cover Foundation With SPF 50 - Best Age Rewind Foundation
This foundation from Maybelline offers medium to full coverage and prevents the skin from damage from the sun’s harmful rays. This is because the foundation contains sunscreen of SPF 50.
The formulation of this foundation also contains antioxidants that prevent premature aging and developing wrinkles and fine lines. Therefore, the application of the foundation keeps the skin looking attractive and youthful.
The application of the foundation covers the uneven texture of the skin and the dark spots in a very effective manner.
Where to Buy Maybelline Dream Urban Cover Foundation With SPF 50
7. Smashbox Studio Skin Full Coverage 24 Hour Foundation - Cruelty Free Foundation
This foundation is the best foundation to cover dark spots on the face. It contains light-diffusing beads that filter the blemishes and dark spots. The application of the foundation makes the skin youthful and attractive.
The foundation lasts for almost 15 hours and gives a smooth and even finish to the skin. The foundation suits all skin types and also does not clog pores. The use of the foundation renders the skin looking natural.
Also, the foundation contains hydrating and nourishing ingredients that keep the skin moisturized.
Where to Buy Smashbox Studio Skin Full Coverage 24 Hour Foundation
8. Kiko Milano Foundation 2-In-1 Foundation & Concealer - Creamy Foundation
This foundation is a liquid foundation that also works as a concealer. The foundation works best for normal to oily skin.
The foundation comes with a rounded tip application that covers the small and large dark spots effectively. The foundation offers a matte satin finish and lasts for long hours.
The foundation is also cruelty-free and does not contain parabens.
Where to Buy Kiko Milano Foundation 2-In-1 Foundation & Concealer
9. Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation - Vegan and Cruelty Free
This foundation is available in 24 different shades and caters to a wide range of women customers. The foundation formulated from the vegan formula lasts for long hours-at at least 24.
This foundation also comes with a dropper applicator that keeps the mess of the foundation to a minimum. Also, the foundation is suitable for oily skin. The application of the foundation effectively disguises all dark spots and blemishes.
Where to Buy Catrice HD Liquid Coverage Foundation
10. Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation - Best Foundation for Mature Skin
This foundation is the best makeup foundation to cover dark spots. It is available as a liquid foundation and instantly improves complexion on application.
This foundation works to prevent the sun’s damage from harmful rays and prevent the skin from aging. It also prevents wrinkles from occurring and comes in several different shades.
Where to Buy Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3-in-1 Liquid Foundation
Conclusion Of Our Research on Best Foundation to Cover Dark Spot
Our Choice: The clear winner of our round-up is the Kiko Milano Foundation and Concealer. The foundation at its price offers dual purposes and helps to conceal the blemishes, dark spots, and uneven face tone. Form women with dark spots; this is the best foundation to cover dark spots in a very efficient and effective manner.
The foundation is easy to apply as it comes with an easy to use applicator. The foundation is not tested on animals and also does not contain any artificial fragrances or colors. The foundation offers a smooth and matte finish to the skin making the skin look natural. Also, the foundation offers full coverage, and a small quantity can work magic on the skin. The foundation also suits most skin types and complexions as it is available in different shades.